he born in Austria 1903 and he died in United State 1960.He proposed 5 stages of creative and mental growth.
- scribble (2-4 years)
Has 4 stages from this:
a) Disordered= the child has little or no control are moto activity
b) Longitudinal= create awareness and enjoyment of kinesthetic movement.
c) Circular =demonstrate the ability to do move complex form.
d) Naming= required the child to tell story about the scribble ( change from kinesthetic thinking to imaginative thinking.)
- The preschematic (4-6 years)
-The child can do circular image with line that can be a human or animal figures.
-The drawing shows the child obtain the subject. The used of color is more emotional than logical.
- Schematic( 6-9 years)
-The child can recognized the concept of space.
-Object in the drawing is recognizable in the drawing by the child. They know what is up and what is down.
– Exaggeration between figures is used to express feeling (humans taller than house).
- Dawning Realism(9-11 years)
-Also known as going age.
-Focus on developing an expertise in art. They will make certain aspects of piece extremely detailed.
-Children at this stage have the ability to think logically.
- The Pseudorealistic Stage(11-13 years)
-At first, the child’s work is inspired by visual stimuli.
-second, based on subjective experience.( emphasize emotional relationship to external world because it relates them
-view art as a spontaneous activity.
Also known as Law of Simplicity and in this theory has a principle perception:
- Proximity= when stimuli are closed to each other the child can group them and recognized as part same object.
- Similarity= share visual characteristics such as shape, size, color, texture, value will belong together.
- Good continuation= when the eye is compelled to move through one object and continue to another object.
- Closure= the brain tend to perceive form and figure even though some part is hidden or totally absent.
- Figured ground= Gestalt grouping law the states that are perceived as a unified group and role of symmetry in determining figure ground perception.